It is likely that your Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 phone is loaded with important data which you do not want to lose anyhow. But, what if your smartphone gets damaged? What will happen to your valuable data? Well, to avoid falling in such awkward position what you will have to do is take backup on regular basis. Let us look at few of the steps you will have to take to backup Marshmallow 6.0.1 smartphone.
How to backup Marshmallow 6.0.1 smartphone?
You can accomplish this task in two ways:
- By utilizing a Google account
- By using backup and restore functionality present in your phone
Backup Marshmallow 6.0.1 Smartphone by Using a Google Account
- Step 1: Tap on settings option and icon for the same looks like a gear. You will find the same in the apps menu in your phone.
- Step 2: When you are inside the settings, locate the option which says Accounts.
- Step 3: Here you will have to tap on option mentioned as Google, which in turn will show all the Google accounts added in your phone and allow you to backup specific apps. In case there is no Google account already added, then you will have to add one. After adding the account, you will have to tap on the account to go into next screen where you will have to specify which apps are to be backed up.
- Step 4: After that you will have to tap on the top left side where the refresh icon is located so that all the apps will sync with Google account in which you are taking the backup of the data.
Backup Marshmallow 6.0.1 Smartphone Through Backup and Reset Option
Another method you can use involves use of the Backup and Reset. So, let us go through the steps you will have to take.
- Step 1: Click on menu option Settings and then select the option which says Backup and Reset.
- Step 2: Then tap on option which says Back up my data to enable this functionality.
- Step 3: In your third step to backup Marshmallow 6.0.1 smartphone, you will have to set up the account in which data is to be backed up, then tap on Add Account option and in the next screen specify the account which you want to add.
- Step 4: After adding the account you will have to click on the account and select the apps for which data is to be backed up.