Want to urgently print an email but do not have access to your computer? What to do in such situation? Well, now it is possible to print to a connected printer using your smart phone. Let us check the steps you will have to follow to Google cloud print from Marshmallow 6.0.1 phone.
How to Google cloud print from Marshmallow 6.0.1 phone?
Basically, you will have to perform two steps to complete this task, first add a printer to Google Cloud Print service and then associate the same with your Gmail account so that you can open your account in a phone and print from there. Let us go through detailed steps to accomplish this task.
Step 1: Add the Printer with Google Cloud Print Service
- Download and install Google Chrome on your system from here (https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html).
- After Chrome is installed, open the browser and click on menu section in top right section of the page indicated by three horizontal dots.
- Go down to the end of the settings page and click on the Advanced link. It will expand the list of available options and from there you will have to go down the list and click on Google Cloud Print.
- In the next Window you will have to click on the last option which says, Manage Cloud Print Devices.
- The next screen will present you with options such as New Devices, Classic Printers and My Devices.
- Here you will have to Sign In to your Gmail account to see the list of printers that you can connect to.
- After you log-in, you will see the manage link in the My Devices section and when you click on it, another page will open showing details of printers that are attached to your device. All you will have to do is click on Add Printers button to add them to Google Cloud Print.
This will complete the procedure for adding a printer to your Gmail account so that you can print from anywhere using the Google Cloud Print service.
Step 2: Print from Mobile
The next step would involve actually printing from your smartphone. For this, just login to your gmail account from Chrome on your Android phone, go to settings and select print. From the list of available printers select the one associated with Cloud Print and just tap on the printer icon to complete the printing process.
That’s it! You have succeeded in your first print job over the cloud.