Facing problems with installing macOS High Sierra? Go through the details to fix some of the common macOS 10.13 High Sierra complexities.
Tips and Tricks for Solving macOS 10.13 High Sierra Complexities
macOS 10.13 High Sierra Complexities – Issue #1: Download Problem
Many people face an issue where the download starts but soon after it stops downloading and gives any error message which notifies that the download was not successful.
Oftentimes some users also receive a message which says that installation is not able to continue since to successfully do the install it would need an important content which cannot be downloaded right now and that the user should try later on.
Let us look at few of the main reasons which results in this problem:
- Many times, it happens that several people are attempting download simultaneously and it results in this type of error. In such situation, what you will have to do is try to start download later on.
- You may also try changing over to an Ethernet connection from Wi-Fi connection to make sure that there is a reliable connection to complete the download.
- Another thing to do will be to locate the incompletely downloaded files and along with the list of files, also locate the file called Install macOS 10.13. Next thing you will have to do is delete all these files and reboot your machine so that another attempt can be made to download the file.
- Still facing problems? Then, last thing you will have to do is check whether there is anything showing as pending in unfinished downloads area within your account in the app store. If you do find the download listed there then you can restart it from there itself. You may well logout from the store and then re-login to check if that helps in re-starting the download.
macOS 10.13 High Sierra Complexities – Issue #2: Installation Problem
One problem many people face is that after download completes, there is no notification about continuation of the installation. If you are facing this same problem then you will have to locate the installation file (named Install macOS 10.13) in the applications folder and then double click on the same to start the installation process.
Less Hard Disk Space
Another thing you will have to do is check and ensure that you have sufficient space on the hard disk for the installation to complete.
In case, installation is failing due to less amount of disk space on hard drive then you will have to take following steps to free up space:
- Restart your machine
- Right at the time it is booting you will have to press CTRL+R simultaneously to view the Recover menu
- After that you will have to choose Disk Boot for booting the system normally
- In the last step you will have to delete all the files which are no longer required (such as the Time Machine files which are usually hidden in the system
Error in Installation
It may also happen that the system displays an error message when installation finishes and as such does not result in successful installation of macOS High Sierra.
When you encounter this type of problem what you will have to do is reboot your system, press command plus option plus R at the time of booting for initiating online recovery system.
Lastly, if this technique does not work then what you will have to do is make an external startup disk to complete the installation in right manner. Another thing you can do is go into Safe Mode while starting your system and perform the installation by fixing problems that appear during the install.
macOS 10.13 High Sierra Complexities – Issue #3: Missing osinstall.mpkg
Another of the macOS 10.13 High Sierra Complexities you may face consists of error message that says that the osinstall.mpkg file is missing. This problem can be solved by performing the installation using a USB drive. Let us check the steps which are to be followed in this context.
- Step #1: Get the installer from App store so that it can download macOS High Sierra.
- Step #2: After download completes, quickly press the keyword combination of Command + Q for quitting installation process. This way the installer app will remain installed on your system inside the applications folder.
- Step #3: As part of the third step what you will have to do is bring in an 8GB USB drive and use an install disk creator app for making the USB drive the chosen volume for performing the installation.
- Step #4: Then you will have to select the OS for which installer is to be created. Here you should select macOS High Sierra and finally create the installer.
- Step #5: Finally, you need to boot the system from the USB drive, which will then start the installation procedure.
macOS 10.13 High Sierra Complexities – Issue #4: Unmounting of Volume
During installation you may get a message which says that it was not possible to unmount the volume for repairing.
In such situation, first thing you will have to do is take Time Machine backup for your machine’s drive. In addition to it, you will have to ensure that the said backup is stored on a different hard disk or a USB drive and not the drive which is to be unmounted.