A recent release from Acer, the Acer Predator Triton 700 18.9mm is a laptop which gamers are going to like. It is a ultra thin laptop that is powered by 7th generation processor from Intel along with Nvidia graphics engine. At 18.9mm it is relatively thin system but packed with features you are going to appreciate. Let us explore the details in the following sections.
Acer Predator Triton 700 18.9mm – Design Features and Specifications
The ultra thin (18.9mm) design has been made possible by presence of Max-Q technology from Nvidia along with Acer’s self-designed innovative cooling that utilizes AeroBlade 3D fans.
The good thing about these fans is that they reportedly augment airflow by as much as thirty five percent in comparison to other conventional fans and in addition to it, it also takes up less amount of space.
In our Predator Triton 700 review let us talk about another design feature that cannot be mistaken in this latest laptop, which is the sandblasted black finish and the chassis is covered in aluminum, helping to give the system a superb metallic embrace.
The Hardware Configuration
The Acer Predator Triton 700 18.9mm comes with 16GB RAM (a DDR4 of 2400MHz) which you can upgrade up to 32GB and surpass the imaginable limits of multi-tasking.
Additionally, there are 2 SSDs (NVMe PCIe) which are RAID 0 SSDs to make sure you get to utilize very fast drives.
Few of the other hardware features worth mentioning here are:
- Networking possible through use of Killer DoubleShot Pro (KDP) as well as better connectivity through Thunderbolt 3. KDP also lets you monitor applications that are eating up your valuable bandwidth.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac of dual band with the help of MIMO technology (2X2).
- Bluetooth v4.1
- 2 USB 3.0 ports (that feature USB charging even in power-off state), 1 HDMI 2.0 port, DisplayPort connector, 1 USB 2.0 port and a solitary Gigabit Ethernet port.
- It consists of Corning Gorilla Glass plate right on top of keyboard and it provides a peek into cooling system present in Acer Predator Triton 700 18.9mm.
- The keyboard is also a Precision Touchpad certified by Microsoft. Another notable thing about the keyboard is that it falls in the category of mechanical keyboards and has a RGB backlit plus it makes use of anti ghosting technology. Another thing hard to miss in this keyboard is that all the keys are individually backlit, making it far more easier to use the keyboard even when you are playing your favorite game in the dark.
- The unique thing about it is that it makes use of PredatorSense software, giving gamers the power to control as well as customize their laptop from a single place. Using this feature you will be able to control overclocking, lighting, game profiles and many other things.
- In terms of battery power, it has a 4670mAh battery that is capable of giving continuous five hours of operations.
- Acer Predator Triton 700 18.9mm comes with GEFORCE GTX 1080 (NVIDIA) which makes it possible to have overclockable graphics.
- There are 5 heat pipes in this Acer Predator Triton 700 18.9mm and out of these 5, 3 are clearly visible right behind the gorilla glass plate. These heat pipes serve the purpose of disseminating heat released by the system and let you play your favorite games without having to worry about your laptop getting hot too quickly. Moreover, there are 4 intakes right at the top as well as at the bottom to draw in cool air and toss out overheated air.
- The Coolboost is an advanced technology that is able to increase fan speed when necessary so that critical system area remain cool at all times.
No Place for Lags
Predator Triton 700 review will be incomplete if we do not talk about its gaming features.